Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Another Step

As I look to the mountains, I am reminded about where my hope comes from...
My hope comes from you, maker of heavens, creator of the earth.
Today in Colorado, it is 72 degrees and partly cloudy. A perfect day for a run. I haven't ran in what seems like a month because of my back. Hopefully this warm air will keep it loose and relaxed so it doesn't bother me. Someday, and don't hold me to it, I would like to run a marathon...I've never liked the prospect of running over 5 miles though, so we'll see.

I ran to the Jail and back (about 3 miles total), and on the way I visited our 4 new foals. The miracle of birth never ceases to amaze me. I loved watching them struggle to gain their balance on their wobbly legs...kind of like my struggle sometimes to gain my footing. Yet, I am aware that we have to stumble in life in order to continuously proceed in our faith journey. As one friend of mine told me,

"You can't always start something over...you have to proceed from where you are or else you will keep making the same mistakes that you had started over from."

That statement is also something that I've been learning from. So many times in my life I say, well I won't do that ever again because I'm going to start that chapter over. That was my mistake...I wasn't accepting what I had done in a way that I would take to heart the mistakes I HAD made in order to move past them. Very wordy, but I hope that makes sense.

To end on a happier note, I sat in the Dining Room with a guest family and was reminded about why I am here. They kept saying over and over how they loved their experience here, mostly because of the staff interactions they've had. I had the privilege to sing to them, as well as hear Josh, the young husband in the family, share some of his songs because he's a musician. It touched me that they wanted to stay in contact with me so I could send them songs that Drew and I record, and vice versa. It's something I will always remember. Plus, they said that I should be in a Pantene Pro V commercial, hahaha.

1 comment:

  1. Um, Pantene Pro-V, haven't I always told you and raved about your beautiful and perfect hair! I miss it! Will you send me a lock of it? haha :)

    ReplyDelete