Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Maria....Klopfenstein!!! A Much Needed Update I'd Say!

I last updated in May of this year, and I can tell you that since then time has passed so quickly that I can't believe it's the middle of October already!

Every time I update my blog I say that I will be more consistent with writing in it, but little do I know that life always gets in the way (in a good way) and takes me for another ride that I never expected!

Before I get into my recent adventures, let's recap the summer...Work was the main theme of my summer unfortunately.  Because of a few people quitting in the beginning of summer, the rest of us full-timers had to pick up the slack.  I only had one day off usually, which is not unheard of in my world coming from the Ranch, but in the real world it was a cruel schedule.  I was exhausted beyond anything I've ever experienced.  I would have done a lot more hiking if I had had more time, but there is always next summer!

I DID get to climb Mt. Elbert, the highest 14er in Colorado!  It was one of a few days that Lael got off the ranch to see Reid and I, and it was also the weekend that Keoni came to hang out with us before his two weeks of Summit Ministries in Colorado Springs!  It was a fun sibling reunion, and I cherish that memory as my favorite of the summer for sure.  Keoni and Lael out-hiked Reid and I in the beginning, then I got my Sanny stamina back and would have finished with my sibs, but I wanted to reach the top with Reid hand in hand and we did!
It was an epic day.  It was also a really long hike back...all of our legs felt like noodles.

Besides that hike I had my regular beer club meetings every other tuesday, which was a blast...
Lael and I hung out in town one day for a sister day...
 Went to a Rodeo with Keoni and ate some yummy fried food!
 My parents came to visit for about a few days!  I got them tickets for a Beer/Dinner pairing at the Grouse on the Green for my mom's Birthday!  That was another great memory.
 Reid and I visited the Teva Games at Vail...it was a ton of fun taking sports pictures again!  Man I miss that.
Reid and I and a couple of our friends went to a Yonder/Railroad Earth concert at Red Rocks which is where I discovered my undying love for Railroad Earth, sigh.
Reid's parents came to visit before they went to the Ranch and we went to Vail and walked around,
and the boys went fly fishing at Black Lake so I took some fun pictures of them!
Reid's friend Danny came to visit and we went White Water Rafting...

To be honest the end of the summer was a blur.  Reid and I barely had more than evenings together because of my work schedule.  I took on 3 weeks of night shifts, which meant not doing much at all because Reid worked during the day so I never saw him!  I actually became depressed during those weeks and looking back I realize now that I was simply being selfish.  I should have used my days more wisely instead of constantly wishing for more time with Reid.  Now I know better for next time at least.

And then, right after those 3 weeks of night shifts, I asked for a couple days off around our one year anniversary of dating (September 17).  We finally had a day off together and we had planned on going on the same hike we did exactly a year ago to Beaver Lake.  Well, that day turned out to be rainy and super cold, but we started driving to find another spot and ended up going to Black Lake where he had fly fished before.  Long story short, he proposed that day! (September 15)
Yay!!

Since then life has gone into wedding planning mode of course...and in less than a month we have found a place, a date, a photographer, and I just found my dress!  God has been so gracious with helping everything fall into place so far.  I am so blessed.  Until next time, have fun reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment