Monday, May 23, 2011

Beauty is a life well lived

I can't believe how much time has passed since I've moved here!  June will be 5 months that I've lived in this condo...seems like just yesterday that I was sleeping on an air mattress with my boxes surrounding me...oh wait!  That's what my room looks like still!  Haha!


Actually I finally ordered a bed!  Reid and I randomly visited Mattress King and tested every bed they had for fun...which then turned into picking one for me!  I love it and it is going to be delivered tomorrow!  Can you tell that I'm excited??

Other updates...Reid will officially be my neighbor by the end of the month!  He is moving into the basement of a house two streets down from me!  I'm going to meet the single mom and her son that own the house tonight!  Apparently he's a cute kid, according to Reid. :)  It will be nice to know that if he runs out of sugar, he can just walk over to my place now!

In mid-April, Reid and I took two weeks of vacation...I brought him home for a week and he got to hang out with my family for the first time!  It was so neat to see him fit right in with them.  I brought him to all of my favorite places...Panino's, Caribou, Key's Cafe, Caribou, Annie's Parlour, Caribou, etc.  And of course he met my best friends, visited my University, and just tooled around Minnesota.  He has never been to my home state, so of course we had to visit the Mall of America too!  

Here's my favorite of him finding Lego Land legos!  :)

 On friday, I had a bridal shower to go to, so I had organized a guy's night for Reid...I had one of our mutual Lost Valley Ranch friends, Mike Garry, come down to visit so I could send them to a Twins game...but of course the game was rained out!  He had fun anyway...it was Mike's birthday!

 We visited Summit Brewery to try out Minnesota's beer.  I love this picture because I'm squishing him!

After Minnesota, we drove down to Las Vegas to stay with Reid's best friend, Chris!  It was a week of relaxation...and sunburn, but oh well!  We didn't do much, but we did go to the city and I saw ELVIS!

One of our favorite spots was the chocolate fountain!  I love their expressions in this...Chris is mesmerized...

And of course the cute picture of us!

After Vegas, I flew back to Minnesota to be a mom for my nephew, Lucas, so that my brother and sister-in-law could go on vacation for a week!  It was such a blast!  He never fussed, never was sad for his parents, and we played every day!  I love my nephew!  Here are a couple photos of the week...

Lucas loved my new sunglasses!

Annnnnd then back to work...the month of May has been an interesting one.  I only work on weekends which have been booked for fraternity groups...I don't think I EVER want my kids to go to a frat after seeing those kids behave so poorly.  So sad.

Plus, my sister came to stay with me a few days before she started working at Lost Valley!  Reid and I of course, brought her skiing!  We went to A-basin, which is open until the snow is gone, and in the past two weeks I've gone, they've had powder days!  Amazing.  Here's Lael and I at A-basin!

So much to update!  Aly Burt came to visit me last week and we watched American Idol, even though I had no idea what was going on in the show...haha!  She lives a half hour away from me, so we are already planning on hanging out all the time and hopefully visiting our sisters on the ranch together!  I'm so glad that one of my ranch girls is nearby...

I've also joined a club!  It's called Females & Ales.  Crazy Mountain Brewery, which is literally right down the road from me, puts it on every other tuesday.  Tomorrow we are talking about Beer cocktails...these women are so great!  Conversation is good, beer is good, and my friends from work are coming with me next time!

Summer soccer is hopefully starting soon, but in the meantime I've had a tough time getting out to exercise...besides skiing, running trails near my house, etc. :)  So I decided to consistently bring my best friend, Tucker, to the dog park!  He loves it so much!  You can see all the photos on fb if you like...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.578781510689.2098980.63800069&l=fefa99df1a

And that's all I have for now...I probably left out some stuff, but hey, it's been two months since I last updated you!  All I have to say is that it's true that "beauty is a life well lived."

No comments:

Post a Comment